I wrote an article about the benefits of chia seeds, which will be published on a Japanese blog aggregator next month. In the article, I included this simple dessert recipe using chia seeds. This recipe is very easy and versatile. You can use different fruits instead of strawberries. You can also use 2 Tbsp of cocoa/raw cacao/carob powder instead of fruits to make chocolate chia pudding.
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk alternate, such as almond, cashew or coconut milk
2 or 3 Tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 Tbsp chia seeds
Extra fruits for topping (optional)
- In a blender, mix milk and strawberries.
- Transfer the strawberry milk to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Transfer the pudding to individual containers.
- Add toppings if desired. Infuse love and serve!