I was determined to come up with a recipe for gluten/soy/dairy/egg/white sugar-free chocolate cheesecake and post it before Valentine’s Day. I must say I am quite pleased with this one.
Please note that a lot of chocolate bars contain soy lecithin. If you wish to use chocolate that does not contain soy lecithin, Green and Black’s Organic 85% Dark, Sweetriot Organic Pure 85% Dark, or SunSpire Organic 100% Cacao do not contain soy. I used Green and Black’s since they are readily available.
I tried to minimize the amount of sugar. My husband said that it was fine for him but that it might not be sweet enough for some people, so please adjust the quantity to your liking. I used coconut sugar because it has a lower glycemic index.
I used 3 individual-sized yogurt cartons, but I think 2 cartons would work too. If you use non-Greek style yogurt, please use 4 cartons and drain the yogurt through a coffee filter or cheesecloth overnight.
3/4 cup (100 g) almond meal
2 Tbsp coconut sugar or other natural sugar
3 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
200 ml almond milk
2 (3.5 oz/100 g each) soy-free dark chocolate bars
3 cartons (6 oz/170 g each) of So Delicious Greek almond or coconut milk yogurt
1/3 cup (50 g) coconut sugar or other natural sugar
1/3 cup (55 g) gluten-free flour or rice flour
1 carton of raspberries for garnish
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- In a bowl, combine almond meal, sugar, and melted coconut oil and mix well. Press the mixture on the bottom of a 7 or 8-inch (18 cm – 21 cm) springform pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a sauce pan, heat almond milk under a low heat and add broken pieces of chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Do not boil the milk.
- In a blender, mix yogurt, sugar, and flour. Add the chocolate milk mixture and mix again. Pour in the springform pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. The cheesecake is still soft when you take it out of the oven, but it will get firm.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Garnish with raspberries and powdered sugar if desired before serving.