This is a very light, low-calorie, low-GI dish that is perfect for a weeknight supper. I suggest going to an Asian market to buy mushrooms. They have many different varieties and the prices are much less than those at regular grocery stores.
1 Tbsp tamari
1 Tbsp gluten-free oyster sauce or tamari
2 Tbsp sake or Chinese rice wine (optional)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
4 cups baby bok choy, bottom stems removed
5 cups assortment of mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp potato starch
Crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a bowl, mix 2/3 cup (150 ml) water, tamari, oyster sauce and sake or Chinese rice wine.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and ginger. Add carrots and bok choy and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture. Cover and cook until vegetables are almost cooked. Add mushrooms and cook a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dissolve potato starch in 2 Tbsp of water. Reduce heat and add it to the pan. Mix well. Remove from heat. Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- Infuse love into the food and serve!