This is such a nutrient-dense food, packed with omega-3, protein, vitamins and minerals! I made this as a main dish, but it can also be served as a side dish or for brunch. Add a green salad and you can have a very healthy supper!
5 oz (150 g) wild salmon fillet
1 Tbsp white wine or sake
1 cup quinoa
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 large onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
7 mushrooms, sliced
3 bunches spinach, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper the salmon fillet and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of white wine or sake.
- In the meantime, wash and chop all the vegetables.
- In a saucepan, place quinoa and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the salmon fillet with the skin side down, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook until all water is absorbed, for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat a Tbsp olive oil in a skillet, add onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté. Finally add spinach and sauté until the spinach is completely wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is done, turn off the heat. Carefully remove the salmon skin and flake the salmon with a fork. Mix with the quinoa.
- Add the vegetables and mix again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Infuse love into food and serve!