Today I would like to introduce a natural zero-calorie sweetener product called ZenSweet. It contains non-GMO erythritol and monk fruit extract.
It is similar to Lakanto but is more reasonably priced. Because of its monk fruit content, it is sweeter than erythritol and does not have a distinctive bitter aftertaste like stevia, which I cannot tolerate.
I’ve been using it to sweeten some of my favorite drinks such as green tea latte or decaf cappuccino with almond milk and really like the taste.
You can purchase it online directly from their website or at Whole Foods Maket in Illinois and some other states.
If you are not a big fan of stevia, I suggest giving it a try!
If you are not too concerned about the sugar level, this cheesecake will taste even better if you add some while chocolate chips along with macadamia nuts.
3 oz Gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
200 ml whipping cream
1/2 cup ZenSweet or other zero calorie natural sweetener
3 Tbs gluten-free flour or cornstarch
1 Tbs green tea (matcha) powder
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Non-melting powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Mix eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour, and green tea powder in a bowl and mix well until creamy.
- Add soft cream cheese and whipping cream and mix well again.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool.
- Refrigerate for overnight or for 7-8 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from the pan, infuse love, slice and serve!