Not too many people use fresh mozzarella for salads, so I created this simple salad that looks fancy and can impress your guests. Please free free to use any fresh vegetables you like.
8 asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
5 oz salad greens
1/3 red pepper, cut into strips
6 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
2 oz fresh mozzarella balls (small)
1/4 cup walnuts (raw, roasted, or candied)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil water in a small pan, place asparagus pieces to cook for a few minutes (Do not overcook).
- Immerse the cooked asparagus in ice water to stop cooking.
- Place salad greens on a large serving plate.
- Top with the cooked asparagus, all the remaining vegetables, mozzarella balls and walnuts.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, honey or maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make dressing.
- Infuse love and drizzle the dressing right before serving.