This is a good way to incorporate kale in your diet. It’s low-GI and diabetic-friendly! If you don’t want to use a leek, you can use an onion instead. You can also sprinkle some cheese on top if you like.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
olive oil or coconut oil
2 cups kale, chopped
100 cc (ml) almond milk
A dash of nutmeg
- Steam diced sweet potatoes until they become soft.
- Heat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- Cut leek in half lengthwise and wash well under running water removing all the dirt between layers. Slice them thinly.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté kale and leek. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes and the kale & leek mixture in an oiled 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) casserole dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and mix well. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is set.